Ventrilo Sound Issue on Windows Vista
If you're having problems getting Ventrilo to work properly on Windows Vista when you use the Launch WoW button in WowMatrix to run the game, here is the recommended fix:
- Close WowMatrix if it is still open.
- Close World of Warcraft if it is still open.
- Close Ventrilo if it is still open.
- Go to this location on your computer: C:\Program Files
- You should see a World of Warcraft folder.
- Hold down the left mouse button on the World of Warcraft folder icon, and drag it out onto your desktop, and then release the mouse button.
- Open WowMatrix and it should ask you where your World of Warcraft folder is.
- Select the World of Warcraft folder on your desktop and click OK.
- Wait for WowMatrix to finish scanning.
- Close WowMatrix.
- Open WowMatrix again and wait for it to finish scanning.
- You can now use the Launch WoW button and the problem should now be fixed permanently. Note: There is no need to move the World of Warcraft folder back into the 'Program Files' folder.