To download WowMatrix for Windows, follow these steps:
1. IMPORTANT: If you already have one or more copies of WowMatrix on your computer, please first drag all of them to the Recycle Bin, to avoid any confusion. Your in-game AddOns will remain untouched. We have seen cases where users, after downloading WowMatrix, unknowingly open an outdated copy of WowMatrix rather than the newly-downloaded copy.
2. Right-click on this link (yes, those blue words!) and select 'Download link as.../Save link as...' (or a similar option) from the menu.
(If, however, such an option does not show up, left-click the above link instead. If you are then asked to select a destination folder, proceed to step 3. Otherwise, if the download begins immediately, wait for it to finish, then click the 'Open Folder/View Downloads' link. You should see a green WowMatrix icon. Drag it to your desktop, then skip to step 4.)
3. Select the Desktop from the list and have it download there. (If asked if you wish to replace an existing copy, select 'Replace'.)
4. When the download completes, you should see WowMatrix (with a green icon) on your Desktop.
5. Right-click on the green WowMatrix icon on your Desktop and select 'Properties' from the menu.
6. Click the 'Unblock' button (if there is one).
7. Close the 'Properties' window.
8. Double-click the green WowMatrix icon to run WowMatrix.
9. If a 'Windows protected your PC' message appears, click More info, then click 'Run Anyway' to proceed.
WowMatrix should now be running. Subsquently, you can double-click the WowMatrix green icon on your Desktop each time you wish to install or update your World of Warcraft AddOns.